Last week, we looked at matting systems for underfloor heating. In this week’s blog post, we’ll take a further look into cable underfloor heating systems.
Cable Underfloor Heating Systems
What are the benefits of a cable system? A cable underfloor heating system has many of the same benefits of a matting system, these include:
- Emits radiant heat which is consistent and comfortable
- Uses thermostat and timer that monitors the floor and air temperature to ensure the room is the correct temperature required
- Provides a constant heat output spread over the entire floor area
- Easy to install
- Cost effective
- Ideal for use in wet areas
Where can cable underfloor heating systems be installed? Cable underfloor heating systems can be installed in wet rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, and conservatories in both new and existing buildings.
What are the types of cable systems available through Tile Fix Direct? Currently, Tile Fix Direct offers one cable system – the Magnum Millicable system.
What are some features of the Magnum Millicable system??
- Caters to specifically awkward and irregularly shaped areas
- Cable spacing can be altered to adjust heat output levels
- Fast, flexible, and easy installation process
- 10-year guarantee
- 100% maintenance free
Where can I find detailed installation instructions for the cable underfloor heating system? For complete installation instructions, please view the Magnum Millicable Installation Instructions.
When can the newly installed cable system be used? Remember, it is very important that the floor isn’t heated until a week after the installation and the tiles are laid on top of the cables. Then, gradually increase the heat over a week’s time to reach the desired temperature.