Norcros Pro 50 Leveling Compound is a single part, fibre reinforced self smoothing floor underlayment. It is suitable for use from 3mm to 50mm in one application without the need for additional granite chippings. The product is suitable for leveling a variety of substrates including concrete, screed, flooring grade asphalt, terrazzo and existing quarry and vinyl tiles. It is ideal for use with underfloor heating systems, where it may be used to cover the wire and also protecting the heating element during the fixing process
Norcros Pro 50 Leveling Compound has excellent leveling and flow properties, making it ideal for preparing sub floors prior to fixing ceramic or natural stone tiles or soft floor coverings such as carpet, vinyl and timber. It has a setting time of 4 hours at 20° permitting early foot traffic and fast track tile fixing
- Coverage: Pro 50 Floor Leveller, mixed with 4.4 litres of water, will cover approx. 1.7kg per m2 per 1mm thickness
FORMULA: 1.7 x desired bed depth = …..kg per m2
i.e. 4mm bed depth: 1.7 x 4 = 6.8kg per m2; therefore a 20kg bag will cover approx. 3m2
- Setting time 4 hours (rapid setting)
- Single part, self-smoothing floor leveling compound
- Fibre reinforced
- Suitable for use from 5mm to 50mm depth in one application (without the need for additional granite chippings)
- Suitable for leveling concrete, screed, flooring grade asphalt, terrazzo and existing quarry and vinyl tiles
- Timber substrates must be overlaid with a minimum of 15-18mm primed WBP or Marine grade plywood in order to make suitable for leveling
- Ideal for use with underfloor heating system installations i.e. to cover and protect wired heating elements during the fixing process
- Suitable for use on floors ONLY
- Ensure the surface is clean, dry and free from any release agents
- Ensure the substrate is sufficiently rigid and deflection free, in order to support the additional weight of tiling before commencing
- Ensure all ground floors incorporate a damp proof membrane
- Prime any porous or dusty surfaces with Norcros Prime Bond diluted 1:4 with water
- For impervious backgrounds make a slurry bonding coat, made of 1 part Norcros Prime Bond to 2 parts Norcros Pro 50 Floor Leveling compound, and apply to the substrate using a soft brush. Once dry the slurry will provide a key coat onto which the leveling compound will form a strong bond
- Norcros Pro Leveling Compound is suitable for use on timber floors , but must first be overlaid with a minimum of 15-18mm WBP or Marine grade plywood, screw fixed at maximum 300mm centres to both joists and existing boards. The plywood should be primed with neat Norcros Prime Bond which should then be allowed to dry prior to application of the leveling compound
- To gauge the floor to be leveled, use a 2m straight edge ad rotate through 360°'s noting where any gaps above 3mm are present between the base and straight edge with chalk, and in the case of more serious deviations in levels, countersunk screws should be drilled and plugged into the floor at 500mm centres
- Line up the screws and adjust the height by placing the straight edge and spirit level across them to achieve plumb markers, up to which the compound can be screeded
Mixing and Application
- Into a clean bucket add 4 to 4.4 litres of clean water and gradually add 20kg's of Norcros Pro 50 Leveling Compound
- Mix with a rotary drill paddle to form a creamy lump free consistency
- Pour the compound onto the floor and trowel out to the desired depth
Note. the compound is self smoothing and has a pot life of approx. 20 minutes
- Ceramic/porcelain tiles can be laid as soon as the product supports weight, after approx. 4 hours
- Natural stone tiles can be laid after approx. 24 hours
- Soft floor coverings can be laid after approx. 48 hours
Note: Underfloor heating systems should not be switched on for at least 14 days and then brought up to operating temperature at a rate of 5°C per 24 hours
Delivery times are Monday through Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) from 7:30am-6:00pm.
Most deliveries leave on Express Delivery for 1-2 working day delivery service.
A 'working day' is Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays. Weekends and bank holidays do not count as working days.
FREE 1-2 working day delivery service for all orders over £150 (excluding VAT). This excludes shower screens, Pallet Adhesives, Lustrolite and special order items. Conditions apply - see Delivery page for further details.
Saturday deliveries are available for Mainland UK only and are for orders over £150 (excluding VAT). There is an additional charge of £15 (excluding VAT) for a Saturday delivery.
It's important that you indicate the damages on the delivery note when you sign for the goods. Notify Tile Fix Direct by calling our advice line on 0333 320 04 24 if there are any damages or irregularities to your order within 24 hours of delivery.
For additional information on delivery costs, please visit the main Delivery page.