At Tile Fix Direct we choose the very best products to suit your every tiling need, so you can be sure your tiling is second to none. Introducing the Kerakoll Green-Pro Matting. This product is an uncoupling and anti-cracking waterproof membrane with high adhesion for balconies, terraces and horizontal surfaces before laying ceramic tiles or natural stone. The Kerakoll Green-Pro Matting creates a waterproof surface even when overlaid on substrates that are cracked, have not been perfectly cured or might contain vapour pressure due to residual substrate moisture content.
The Unique Features of Kerakoll Green-Pro Matting
Green-Pro is a highly innovative Kerakoll creation. The membrane is a high-technology, multi-layer composite polymer system comprising:
- PA – hydrophobic PA fibres with high tensile strength to guarantee a superior and more evenly distributed available contact surface.
- HDPE – waterproof and variable geometry HDPE structure to guarantee physical separation between the substrate and the flooring.
- TNT – highly breathable sheet to guarantee passage of the vapour from uncured screeds or screeds with high residual humidity and to guarantee high levels of adhesion to the substrates.
The Benefits of Using Kerakoll Green-Pro Matting
We all know the benefits of using a decoupling layer, but Kerakoll Green-Pro has a range of additional advantages:
- Waterproofs any surface, old or new, damp or dry, cracked or subject to dimensional variations.
- Compensates for hygrometric shrinkage and thermal deformation stress.
- Reduces on-site working times: waterproofing and laying of the coating without waiting, withstands foot traffic immediately.
- Solves the problem of respecting substrate joints in staggered or diagonal laying (cuts in doorways).
Where to Use Kerakoll Green-Pro Matting
Kerakoll Green-Pro Matting can be used both externally and internally. It can be used to waterproof, separate and compensate for vapour pressure prior to laying of ceramic tile and natural stone coatings for domestic, commercial, industrial uses (like industrial kitchens, food industries, warehouses) and for street furniture (check that the size and thickness of the material to be laid is suitable).
- Screeds, including any that are cracked and not completely cured of with possible vapour pressure caused by residual humidity.
- Existing ceramic, marble floor tiles, natural stone floorings anchored to the substrate.
- Cured concrete.
- Fibre-cement and plaster-board panels anchored to the substrate.
Do not use on anhydrite-based substrates without the use of Primer A Eco professional, concentrated, water-based surface insulation, on bituminous sheeting, on exposed surfaces, on inverted roofs made with insulation panels or low-density screeds, and on roofs of residential spaces built without vapour barrier and insulation layers.
How to Install Kerakoll Green-Pro Matting
- Clean the substrates of dust, oil and grease, loose debris or flaky parts, residues of cement, lime, plaster/render, or paint coatings.
- Do not apply to substrates at a temperature > +35 °C (temperature of the substrate).
- Unroll the sheets and cut them to size, considering a space of approximately 5 mm between the sheets and the perimeter walls, stringcourses, protrusions, columns, pillars, architectural elements, drains, etc., and between one sheet and the next.
- Apply Biogel No Limits adhesive using a suitable toothed spreader; lay a thin layer with the smooth side, pressing down heavily to achieve maximum adhesion to the substrate and regulate water absorption.
- Regulate the thickness by the tilt of the spreader, using the toothed part. Apply the adhesive to a surface area that will allow laying of the sheets within the open time indicated (check the state of the adhesive frequently). Avoid any build-up of adhesive, that might compromise the flatness of the matting.
- Position the sheets or unroll them onto the fresh adhesive, taking care they are flat and avoiding the formation of creases or bubbles.
- Create joints approximately 5 mm in width between the sheets and the perimeter walls, stringcourses, etc., and between one sheet and the next.
- Immediately press the sheets down onto the fresh adhesive using Aquaform R mixed with a bag of adhesive.
- Check that the whole of the white unwoven fabric on the back of the membrane has been dampened; if necessary increase the amount of adhesive and press more carefully. Press properly to ensure that the membranes are taut.
- Avoid getting fresh adhesive onto the roller, as this might compromise the surface of the sheets.
- Lay the next sheet, aligning it with the preceding one and leaving a gap of approximately 5 mm between one sheet and the next; press immediately, paying particular attention to passage of the roller along the edges of the sheets.
Protect the rolls from direct sunlight, heat sources and rain, both during storage in the warehouse and on site. When laying the matting, protect it from sunshine until shortly before application. For further installation instructions click here.
Green-Pro revolutionises the world of underlying waterproofing, re-writing performance standards to allow applications that are impossible for mineral products. This top of the range standard is why we have chosen Kerakoll Green-Pro Matting, and why you should too.